If you’re like me, you love food — eating it, cooking it, talking about it all the time. But what if I told you that our obsessions with food could also give us the glowing, flawless skin of our dreams? Too often, we look only to products to solve our skin issues- thinking it’ll do all of the work for us. And while truly healing skin products like ours, wink wink, do transform you from the inside out, it’s important to get nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants from our diets. And, yes, it’s delicious and fun! You’ll also notice that you’ll feel more refreshed, energized, positive, and less bloated.
Essential Ingredients for Glowing Skin
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that preserves youthfulness and brightens your complexion.
You can include this vitamin in your diet with avocados, nuts, seeds, and green leafy vegetables.
Vitamin C promotes collagen production, which is the building block of healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Citrus fruits, kale, red peppers, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, papaya, tomatoes and strawberries all provide healthy doses of this vitamin.
Vitamin D keeps your skin elastic, wrinkle-free, and even-toned.
The best source of Vitamin D is the sun. But edibly-speaking, you can get good amounts from mushrooms, salmon, tuna, eggs, milk, and cheese.
Antioxidants from fruits prevent sagging skin and dullness in your complexion.
Blueberries, cranberries, apples, raspberries, acai berries, goji berries, and blackberries are all loaded with antioxidants.
Collagen keeps skin smooth, supple, and reverses signs of aging.
Oysters, meat, leafy greens, garlic, pumpkin seeds, and kiwi kick-start collagen promotion in the body.
Bone broth is very high in collagen, which improves skin elasticity and hydration.
You can eat bone broth as a soup, base for rices, sauces, and marinades, or you can even put a powdered form of it in your smoothie!
And finally, here’s your sample meal day for healthy, glowing skin:
Breakfast: A green, vitamin-rich smoothie
1 cup spinach or kale
Blend, add water/ice to make it more liquidy to taste!
Lunch: bone broth “risotto”
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups Chicken Bone Broth
2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
2 russet potatoes, cubed
2 tsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot over medium heat, pour olive oil.
2. Toss in chopped onions, celery, potatoes and carrots and salt to the pot and let cook until tender.
3. Once tender, pour in bone broth, cooked chicken breast, seasonings.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 20-30 minutes minutes and serve!
Dinner: Portobello mushroom pizza
1 large Portobello mushroom, stem removed
1 tablespoon marinara
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 clove garlic
Toppings of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven and pour marinara sauce in the cup of the cap. Top with cheese and toppings of choice.
3. Bake for an additional 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden.
Dessert: chocolate avocado pudding
2 avocados, peeled & sliced
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup honey 2 tbsp greek yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk
Pinch of sea salt
1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Top it with fresh berries or cocoa nibs!
I’ve gone ahead and enclosed a 20% off Coupon below for you to use in the store - remember, you DESERVE to have naturally flawless skin! Click here to start shopping!